Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tooting My Horn!!

I just wanted to share some exciting stuff going on with me over here! It's all good and I will go in order from good to GREAT!

Good: I am now the Design Team Coordinator for Glue Art and Paper Studio, which means I am in charge of organizing, reminding and keeping all the design team members motivated and up to date with the current happenings at Glue! (it's all for fun, I only get paid in product, but I love it, so I don't care!) I "hired" my friend Jen (now one of my best friends) as a new designer and she and I will most likely be helping to work the Glue Art and Paper Studio booth at the National Scrapbook Convention in Arlington coming up in June! Anyone up for babysitting?

Better: I was invited to join the design team for Verve Visual! This is one of the HOT companies right now in the stamping world run by a great girl named Julee Tilman! YAY! I am among some unbelievable talent, many of whom were already my friends before joining the team! Check out the Verve Gallery and The Verve Blog! This really is a dream come true and I am on a "short list" of future designers for My Favorite Things, another stamp company I am striving to be associated with, as I know the owner (Kim, who I will be meeting in person at the Arlington Stamp Day on May 3rd) and many of the designers on that team as well.

GREAT: I got an email yesterday from the editor of PaperCrafts Magazine and THIS CARD (click that link soon because I have to remove it for publication and that's why I didn't just put the photo...you know you want to) is going to be published in their special edition magazine called Card Creations in September!! I will get an advance copy before they hit the newsstands (don't you know that will be a happy mail day!) and will also be compensated $40-55 for it (some from their end and some from the stamp company's end)!!! One of my New Year's Resolutions was to be published in a magazine, and now it's happening! I have other things I plan on submitting soon too, as I am not stopping with just one published card!

I just love what I'm doing with my crafting and I hope y'all didn't mind me tooting my own horn just a wee bit!!! wooOHOOooooOOOO!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

YEAH SUSAN!!!!! It's never tooting your horn when it's family!

I already knew about Verve and Glue...you TOP DOG you!!!! HOORAY!!!

But the magazine...that is just AWESOME...I'm feeling all getty for you. I ran in and told Lily and she said WOW and her eye got big. Then I told Kevin and he goes cool and got real embarrassed and said, ok I have to wipe now. Can you guess where he was?

Anyway this is all just TOTALLY AWESOME and may I add it's about time GOOD things happen to you in threes instead of bad...DOUBLE HOORAY!

May 3rd...I'm offering...sleepover anyone? I've already reseved the day on my calendar...just in case you take me up on it.